Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing .NET 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbidingDude

Programmer
Oct 7, 2012
US
I recently installed Windows 10 onto a new SSD. I'm trying to install Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11 which I had on my old drive. It requires .NET 3.5 (or maybe just 2). I have not had any luck installing it with any of the various methods I've read about.

I tried it through "Windows Features". The download progress bar gets to about 80% and hangs.

I tried using: [pre]DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All[/pre]
It hangs at: [pre]Image Version: 10.0.16299.665[/pre]

I tried downloading the .NET 3.5 executable directly. It hangs while searching for folders or something to that effect.

Has anyone had any luck installing?

You may need to clean out some old installs. Go to Settings (Windows Key + I), System, Storage, and click on "Free up space now." Once it initializes, make sure you check not only temp files but any option that tells you to clean update files.

James P. Cottingham
I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229!

Ok. I cleaned out the old installs, and re-ran DISM. It took a long time, but it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back