Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing LAN Management Solution LMS 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbedone

Vendor
Sep 28, 2006
AU
When we replaced our Nortel 8600s with Catalyst 4507s last year we also replaced the easy to use Nortel Enterprise Switch Manager with LMS. I attempted to install/configure it last year on W2K3 but gave up as it seemed overly complicated. I am now attempting to install it on W2K8R2 and am having issues.

I built a new W2K8R2 server and initially I tried installing LMS4.0 on it but there are issues with 4.0 on W2K3. I found a patch and it let me install but the services were set to manual and even starting them would not get LMS to work. Uninstalled and attempted to install again but the patch to install on W2K3 would not work again. I then downloaded LMS4.2.1 and am now attempting to install now. During the install it gives an error "ERROR: The file with the name C:\PROGRA~2\CSCOpx\setup does not exist" and will not go any further.

Any ideas why this is so difficult to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back