Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing hp print drivers on Windows 2000 Print Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

bironhead

MIS
Apr 27, 2001
US
I am trying to install the hp4050n on a Windows 2000 print server. It installs the 2000 driver fine, but It gives the error. "The Printer Driver You Selected Is Not Compatible with Your Current Version of Windows" when installing the additional NT driver. I have installed the NT drivers onto the LPT1 and I still am not allowed to use any NT4 hp4050 PCL drivers on the 2000 server. Note I am able to get the hp4050 Post Script drivers to work though.

Thanks.

Having the same kind of problem....I would like to load the drivers for XP machines on win2k server, but cannot find a way to do it. Did anyone find a work around?

Thanks

I ran into the same problem with a network HP printer. What I ended up doing was installing the drivers as if locally to a W2k Pro workstation, sharing that and installing it on the server as a network printer. Once the server had the drivers....through the workstation. I was then able to install it on the server and was accepted... and delete the printer installed from the workstation.

JK

I don't know about XP, but you can install additional printer drivers for NT by going into the Sharing tab from the properties of the installed printer.

I have the exact error with the 4050TN printers. It seems like all windows 2k users can print to the printers fine (we have 14 of them) but NT users can't. When I try to add the WinNT driver for the printer under additional drivers it gives me the same error as listed above.....

This has pretty much pushed our win2k pro upgrades to the front of the list in our corporate environment.....

hi all

we're still getting this problem...

have installed an hp laserjet 4350 onto a windows 2000 server and shared it ok but when you try to install additional drivers for NT4 users it doesn't work

any ideas on what to do?

thanks

neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back