Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing Hayes Modem on NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed451

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2000
US
I keep getting a 633 error when I attempt to install the Hayes drivers for a 56k PCI Hayes internal modem on a Compaq PC running windows NT4.0.  Anyone know what this error means and how to resolve the problem?

Down below is the description given by microsoft. Was there another device installed on the PCI slot before you installed the modem. Try using a different slot maybe? Just out of curiosity...did you install nt on this compaq or did it come preinstalled that way? Are you sure the driver you have is for NT? You could try reinstalling remote access but I think that can be painful in NT.<br><br>633 The port is already in use or is not configured for Remote Access dialout.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <p>Ladin<br><a href=mailto:matchu_14@hotmail.com>matchu_14@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Tech support for 1 1/2 years, build computers, messed with C, HTML, Working on Flash, Role-Playing Game Junkie (Diablo2)

Got it to work, had to work on other pressing issues, but finally got back to resolving it. I put the modem in a different slot, and installed it using the manafacturer's disk through the &quot;Add/Remove&quot; window. For some reason this allowed the proper building of the COM 3.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back