Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Groupshield 4.5 SP1 on Clustered Exchange 5.5 SP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMacdonald

Technical User
May 18, 2001
GB
I can't make it happen. The install stops to tell me I have to install SP3 and the post SP3 hotfix before I can continue, but I'm running SP4. Does anyone know the registry key (or whatever) the installer is looking for so I can try to spoof it?

Installing GroupShield Exchange 4.5 SP1 REQUIRES you have installed Exchange SP3 and the Information Store hotfix from Microsoft. If you did not install this (meaning just SP3 then SP4), GSE will not install since this is a REQUIRED component. Has something to do w/ the VS-API Microsoft included in SP3. Has nothing to do if your Exchange is clustered.

Hope this helps.

I eventually managed to get it to install but after a few weeks of silence started to suspect that it wasn't working. I removed it, installed Norton AV instead and found an information store full of Viruses. Thanks Mcafee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back