Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing frontpage extensions removes navigation structure in web

Status
Not open for further replies.

maloaupito

Technical User
Jun 28, 2001
US
I run W2K Server, IIS 5 with Frontpage 2000 Extensions. Initial problem was to configure extensions so that the Hit Counters and Search Tools in Frontpage will work properly. The old website files were copied onto a CD from a NT server running IIS 4 (?) and transfered to the current server. When in the IIS Console I executed the All Tasks => Recalculate Web, the entire navigation structure of the website was removed when using Frontpage to show only the index page with no shared borders and themes previously configured. So Hit Counters don't work, Search Tool doesn't work, and now only the home page is shown.

What do I need to do to get all problems fixed?

In IIS Console, All Tasks, running Check Server Extensions reveals that all problems are corrected yet all the problems still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back