Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing eGate on Linux - Not RH 6.2. Regex problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozusnik

Programmer
Feb 27, 2005
Hi,
Our current environment is AIX 4.3.3 for our live environment and Mandrake Linux 8.2 for our test. We have purchased 4 new HP dual cpu servers to replace our live and test environments. I want to use Linux, but I get an swap error when trying to load MDK 8.2 (raid array probably not fully supported). So we've tried MDK 9.1 (my favorite anyway). I can install eGate 4.5.1 or 4.5.3 and start everything (reg, instd, and cb). I can pass messages into eGate. All of our eways are set to pass through to a standard iq. The next component is usually a bob with a Monk ID. Here is example code which will failing...
(regex "ADT\|ORM\|ORU" ~input...MSH_9-1) no matter the value of the ~input, it always returns #f.
This does not occur in our current environments.
I hex edited the stc_monk*.dlls and looked for linux library calls. I found 5, all pointint to glibc and libstdc++. We have all of those libraries installed. Yes, the correct versions also.
If anyone could tell me what OS library is called for the regex monk function, I would be most appreciative.
We also tried Fedora Core 3. So if there are any suggestions for a more contemporary linux os, I'd be willing to try that too.
Thanks,
Mark Kozusnik

Update...
I could not get the exact OS function calls from SeeBeyond, and the linux distros I want to use are unsupported, but we got it to work on Red Hat 7.3. We needed to get a "driver" for the HP Smart Array 5i from HP's website, but that was no issue and eGate runs extremely fast in the new environment.
If anyone has info on the external OS calls, I'd still be interested.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back