Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing driver updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcsoldier2000

Technical User
Jul 18, 2002
CA
I downloaded ham412win2kxp.exe. for my V92 Ham Data Fax Voice Modem. When I upzipped the files onto my computer I didn't notice any change in my connection speed. Is there anything else that I have to do? Please Help!

Did you install the driver? If one takes what you've written at face value, all you've done is just unzipped the files, and nothing else. Is that right? If yes, you must install your new driver (or .INF file) before this new software takes effect. Depending upon your operating system, you'll need to do something like the following (this for W98):-

1. Go to Control Panel, System icon, Device Manager tab.
2. Double click Modem, and highlight your previously installed modem description.
3. Click Properties, and then select Driver tab.
4. Click Update Driver - tell system where newly unzipped files are located.

After successful update, reboot PC. Whether or not you'll really notice any difference in connection speed is debatable...

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back