Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing documentation for modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyGroves

Programmer
Aug 13, 2003
IE
I notice that when I manually install Perl modules into my Windows ActivePerl 5.8 installation, the Perl HTML documentation does not get updated to include the new modules. Does anybody know of any way I can make this happen?

Thanks.

I remember that there's a command line utility which generates that page..... Can't remember what it is and don't have time to look now, sorry. It can be done though, I did it a while ago.

Mike

You cannot really appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the
original Klingon.

Want great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

Could it be pod2html? Haven't used it myself, but this might be what you're looking for.

pod2html" does produce HTML from the POD content of Perl files, but unfortunately does not integrate the pages into the installation's documentation system, like PPM does.

Ah well, I suppose the solution is to leave the whole job to PPM; I'll have to see if I can come up with a way to get PPM to install locally-stored modules.

Thanks.

If you use ppm to add and manage your perl modules, it *should* automagically update the html based documentation stored on your windoze hdd.
Works perfectly for me. :)
- BG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back