Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Dev2k (Forms 4.5) when 8i client exists

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcouse

Programmer
Jun 28, 2001
US
Does anyone know how to install Dev2k (Forms 4.5) on a PC that already has an oracle home that was created by having Oracle 8i client tools installed on the machine previously? The new Universal installer doesn't recognize the old product file format, so I can't use that one and I'm having problems getting the old installer (3.3??) to install the Developer/2000 development tools when multiple Oracle Homes exist or into the existing Oracle Home created through installing the 8i client software.

Any suggestions, other than have the client move into this century, would be helpful.

Much Appreciated!

You could try to put the 8i in the bin prior to installing the developer2000 then return it !

We've had problems with different versions of Oracle Installer. Our solution has been to install the oldest one first.

To remove the installation of Oracle you can rename the
%ORACLE_HOME% directory, export the key in the Registry called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE and then delete it. This is a crude but very effective way of fooling a Windows PC into thinking you've deleted all Oracle products. I would not recommend re-importing the Oracle key you've exported unless you want to revert to the prior position.

Patrick.

Just prior to year 2000 a "new"installer was released to address problems with loading the old Developer environment (Forms 4.5 Report 2.5 etc). I cannot remember its full name but if you lookup Y2K installer you may find it.

No promises, but try installing your Forms 4.5 with this installer

Tony

the way i've tried to solve is that
u first install the Oracle Developer and name it's
home as oradev etc. then install Oracle DB at another location like orant etc. a new home

hope it'll solve ur problem as it worked well for oracle8 and oracle developer2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back