Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing CUCM 7.1.5 on VMWare

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripleL

MIS
Jul 21, 2003
US
I have seen many posts and articles on installing CUCM 7.1.3 On VMWare, and I have even done it for Version 6.x. However I have not seen anything for 7.1.5.

Here is my issue. I have the VMWare Guest OS setup as a Red Had Enterprise Linux 4 (32bit) operating system. I also have 2 gig of RAM, 1 processor, and an 80 Gig hard drive.

When I boot to the DVD shipped from Cisco, it asks if I want to perform a media check. I state no, and move on. It is the same CD that I used to build my actual servers in production 3 days ago. (I want to build a VMware image to test upgrades in the future, and not use in real production.)

After saying no to the check, I see the following popup.

Running the Cisco Unified Communications 7.1 system installer
Please wait...

/cisco/bin/anaconda: line 27: /mnt/source/Cisoc/base_Scripts/ihardease.sh: Input/output error

install exited abnomally

sending termination signals....done
sending Kill Signals...done
diabling swap...
unmounting filesystems...
/mnt/runtime done
disbling /dev/loop0
/proc done
/dev/pts done
/sys done
/tmp/ramfs done
/mnt/source done
/selinux done
you may safely reboot your system.

Any help anyone can give is greatly appeciated.

Larry

What version of VMWare are you running? I have no experience with CUCM on VMWare Server although I have heard it's possible. I've run CUCM 6.x and 7.x as well as 8.x on the VMWare ESX(i) platforms. For what it's worth vSphere (ESXi 4.0) runs much better, especially is you setup the VM as a Version 7 VM. Please let me know what VMWare product you're attempting the install on, may be able to better help from there.

Fieryhail,

Thanks for the response. I am also running CUCM V6.2 on VMWare for testing purposes, but 7.1.5 seems to be a problem. The OS for my VMWare server is ESX 4.0.0,208167. Hope this helps.

Thanks

download the ISO from CCO and mount that as a cdrom image on the VM. I've got 7.1.5 running as a VM in our lab and it installed without issues from the ISO.

Biglebowskis Razor - with all things being equal if you still can't find the answer have a shave and go down the pub.

I have been trying the CD, but not the ISO image. I will give it a shot. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back