Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Crystal server XI SR2 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpbruce1

MIS
Aug 2, 2004
US
Hello - I've used Crystal enterprise 10 but have never installed it. This is my issue, we are installing Crystal Server XI SR2 on a Virtual XP Server, with IIS as the web server.. I have attempted to install it using an exsisiting SQL DB and mysql for the CMS, even though the documentation says i can use MSDE as the CMS database, however that option does not come up during the install process. It appears that CR Server XI is installed correctly and IIS is running and all the servers in CMS are running and enabled however when I go test connectivity, by going to my web browser at: I get an error that the page cannot be found (npcrent is our webserver). Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong...I install seems pretty straight forward, but I feel I am missing a step.

Thank you for your help.

Lisa Bruce
Report Developer.

npcrent may be your web server but is it also your crystal reports server?

When you have the central management server running looking at all of the Crystal Reports Server Xi R2 services, what computer name do you see in the top right hand corner?

Whatever that name is, is the name you need to put in your URL to launch Crystal Reports Server.

An alternative method is to log on to the server where Crystal Reports Server XI Release 2 is installed and find the Crystal Reports Server program group (from the Start, Programs button) and click on the administration launchpad link. This will use the correct URL and attempt to launch the initial administration page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back