Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing CR for use with VS2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halliarse

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2007
GB
Hi

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum and if not, hopefully I will be pointed in the right direction!

I have a web application that I want to be able to display / generate Crystal Reports from.

I am using VS2012, version 11.0.61030.00 Update 4 on a Windows 7 SP1 64bit machine.

I have downloaded the CRforVS_13_0_12 using IE to download, however, when I run the extraction I get a couple of errors trying to open the .msi files and the process then does not complete!

I do also have CR Developer version 14.0.4.738 RTM installed on the PC

Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Many thanks

Steve

In order to integrate with Visual Studio, you need to download the latest version of the "Install Executable" from here: The other downloads on the same line are various formats of runtime installs that can be used to deploy your application. It sounds like you downloaded and installed one of the runtime installs - you'll need to uninstall it and then install the Install Executable.

There is no SDK installed with Crystal Reports itself for versions that came after Crystal 2008.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back