Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installing cluster service on WIN 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam99taf

MIS
Nov 12, 2004
US
I would like some one to help me in choosing the friendly way of installing a two-node cluster in win 2003. Do I have to have my servers to run active directory before installing cluster, or I can just start the installations as their are members of a domain?

Here's a quite overview on installing clustering between 2 nodes.
1. Start Node2 up and boot up into a bios screen, not the OS, this will ensure the crossover cable connection is active (assuming your using a cross over cable.
2. After having configured the shared storage at a hardware level boot node1 up and format, name and assign drive letter to the drives, I assuming you going to install Exchange, so your likely to be having a Q,L,D.
3. Restart Node1 into a bios screen and boot Node2 into windows.
4.Using disk manager rescan the drives on node2, they should appear with the right drives letters and names from node1, if not do the same as you did on node1 remebering to keep all info the same.
5, Reboot node2 into Bios, then node1 into windows.
6. Now create the cruster , the wizards is pretty straight forward and will let you know if it encounters errors, once complete, reboot node2 and join to cluster.

Here's the same info, without the spelling mistakes and lots of diagrams.

Hope this helps

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back