Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing CE 10 from copy that came with CR 10 Advanced Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabz420

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2003
CA
We recieved our copy of CR 10 Advanced that came with a 5 named license of CE 10. I've tried to get it configured on our Win 2k3 server running IIS with no luck. The "install" guide hasn't been much help as it seems to jump around and contradicts a lot of info (tells you to setup a blank DB then in the next paragraph it says that it creates it's own by default). I'm wondering if there isn't someone that can help me get this going. I've installed the software, setup the appropriate users (both in SQL and on the domain) but still can't get access to the web admin page. I must be missing something but don't know what. All the services show as running but is there something else I need to do? Please help as BO seems reluctant to help.

Try logging on as the NT use (probably administrator) you were logged in as when installing CE10. Had the same problem, then logged in as NT administrator user and was able to set up new enterprise users.

I'll give that a try, but it's not the fact that I cannot log in to the WebAdmin tool, but I get a page not found error (like CE hasn't been setup on the web side).

Ok, so I've managed to get CE installed on the server. I open the CCM and everythings shows as running. When I try to open the CE Admin Launchpad, I get a page not found (same goes for user launchpad. Do I need to do something in IIS Manager to enable this page? Restart the server (I hope not), restart SQL (unlikely), not too sure??

Have you checked to see that all the servers are enabled (also using the CCM) in addition to all the services running. Click on the "Enable/disable servers" icon.

It sounds like your IIS Virtual directories are not setup correctly.

Go to IIS and check that you have a Crystal/Enterprise10 Virtual Directory pointing to your installed path (e.g. C:\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\Enterprise 10\Web Content\).

Also in CCM make sure your services are not only running but are all Enabled (The server with checkbox icon).

Kingfisher

I checked to see about the Virtual Directory and it was in the "default web site" (which was stopped). Is there some way of moving this out of the "default web site" and into it's own website? In the mean time, I've enabled the default site and now I can get into the launch pad, but i have to change the URL to to get to the site. Did I miss something?

what do you mean by "It's own website"? Can you describe your environment more, particularly your IIS environment.
Plus what version of IIS.

You can replace localhost with the name of the webserver you have the virtual directory on, and the physical web content mapped to.

Let me try to be as specific as I can....

When I say "own website" I mean, when I go into the IIS Manager, I expand local computer and expand Web Sites. Under this I see "Default Web Site", "Training Site" (one of our sites), "Tour Advantage" (another of our sites) and "IT Website" (another of our sites). That's all. If I expand "Default Web Site" then I see the "Crystal" Virtual Directory (the icon beside it is a folder with a globe). Is this how things should look?

The environment is a Win2K3 server running IIS 6.0 (and SQL Server 2000).

When I try to replace localhost with the webserver name, then i can't get to the site. I can only get to the site if I use localhost.

Can you just create a new Virtual Directory on the web site you want, and map it to the Web Content directory path?

You're saying that it works fine from the default site now? that's good news because officially IIS6 is not supported. That's not to say it won't work, but you'd need check a bunch of priviledges as IIS6 ships using a "Least Priviledged" security model.

Kingfisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back