Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing cabling pathways question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2007
I have a project coming up, 400 cables. For the pathways, there is not a present way to support the cable. There is large I-beams, that i can attach J-hooks to, for one direction, but when I change directions, those I-beams are 15 feet apart. Of course the job wasnt bid for cable tray. Ive worked with a gy-wire running across a building before, where you attach the J-hooks to that. any other ideas? I would need to do something like this for 4 pathways. Now I'm curious as to how the electricians are supporting their conduit..
Thanks

Could you shoot some clips with threaded rod into the cieling and hang J hooks that way. Use a ram set and they make some pretty good clips and stuff you may be able to use. I have bent the tops of J Hooks and shot them directly to the deck before.

You could get a catalogue from Erico - Caddy Fasteners and see what might work for your application.

You could also contact the building inspector or AHJ for your area and ask them what they accept per NEC or local codes.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back