Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing BCM 400

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankdaphoneguy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2005
US
Hey folks, I need your help on this one. The company I work for is installing the BCM 400 for a major retailer. I nor any of my phone techs have BCM training. We are swapping these out with old key systems (Avaya, Panasonic, Toshiba). How long should it take to install a complete system with 18 to 30 phones, the pre cabling is supposed to be done, all though I suspect nothing has been toned and tagged. The BCM's come pre configed. Any help on what has to be done, and how long it should take will be greatly appreciated.

On Nortel's website you can find an installation task checklist and an installation time calculator. They are pretty accurate, but I would guess at about 24 man-hours unless they are doing a call center.

It's impossible to guess at how much is going to be done ahead of time or how much you will need to do, I on all the one's I've done all cable's are run and terminated to jacks at the phone location and the phone room end is terminated to a patch panel with an AMP connector on it so all I needed to do was mount thre BCM in the rack and plug in the cables to the AMP connector on the patch panel and the BCM MODS. Then plug in the phones and label them, just me it takes 2 days to install and train users and do any last minute programming changes.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

It all depends on how much homework you have done with the customer. By this I mean the database.
Actual hardware installation is really quick.
It is the custome tailoring that gets you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back