Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing antivirus in 500 computers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrogerom

IS-IT--Management
Aug 16, 2007
MX
Hi. I need to install antivirus on 500 computers. I don´t want the computers to access internet to get the updates, So how can I just download the antivirus updates in one computer and sent those upadtes to all of the computers.
Thanks.

You can do that with e.g. McAfee AV Enterprise + ePo (=e policy Server).
Once you've checked in the Anti virus client, you can distribute it to all desired clients in your domain.
The daily updates will be downloaded to the server and distributed from there to your clients.

You will need 500 licences of course.
;-)

[navy]"We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill."[/navy]
- The Bastard Operator From Hell

We use Computer Associates' eTrust Inoculate IT. It has a central management console and you can push out updates and policies.

I know that a lot of people don't like/want anything to do with Computer Associate's anti-virus products but I've found that if it is properly configured it is virtually problem free.

I particularly like it for our audit notebooks that can be out of the office for weeks at a time. If the laptop has enforced policies applied then those policies remain in effect even when the notebook is disconnected from the network for extended periods.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read FAQ690-6594: How to ask the best questions and site policies before posting.

Thanks guys for the info. i already give you stars.

Pretty much all enterprise AV products will give you those features, from AVG right up to Mcafee.

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back