Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing another SCSI drive in Win 2K Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledabomb

Technical User
Aug 9, 2001
US
Win 2000 Pro is already installed, but I'm looking to add another hard drive (a SCSI drive). The drive is recognized during boot-up in the SCSI devices list, but is not in windows explorer or my computer. I need to format the drive, but how can I do that if windows doesn't recognize it? I tried the Add Hardware wizard, and it actually listed the new SCSI drive in the devices list, but it still not available in the windows explorer pane. Any ideas on how to access that drive to partition it (without using Partition Magic)? THnaks for the help!

You first need to partition the drive. To do this right click on MY COMPUTER and go to MANAGE. From there go to DISK MANAGEMENT. Here you should be able to see the new drive and partition and format it there. Let me know if you need help. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Go into the device manager and delete the drives listed under the disk drives icon.
Then reboot your computer.
Tell me what happens.
Thanks. The vastest things are those we may not learn.
We are not taought to die, nor to be born,
Nor how to burn
With love.
How pitiful is our enforced return
To those small things we are the masters of.
- Mervyn Peake

Thanks for all your help guys! Butchrecon's answer worked like a charm. Everything's formatted and working great now. Thanks again!

Glad to be of help. :) Thats what we are here for. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back