Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing & Config IIS 7 for Cognos 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney786

Programmer
Aug 7, 2000
GB
Hi,

Can anyone point me to an instruction set of steps to install & config IIS 7 on windows 2008 for cognos 7 suite.

I have just recieved a new server and need to configure this as our new cognos web server, also does anyone know how to load balance across two webservers on different OS and different IIS versions.

Also do i have to configure sign-ons??

Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Sid

Cognos 7 / IIS 7 / Windows 2008?

Are you sure this is a supported combo? And why Cognos7 / IIS in the first place? AFAIK Cognos7 is strictly client based..

Ties Blom

Hi Ties,

The company I'm working for is running version 7, they have a webserver on win2000, but it is under powered. We have a new server and the standard install for this machine is win2008.

I have browsed the knowledge base, but haven't seen any probs with windows 2008.

I could be wrong.

Sid

Okay, just wondering which Cognos 7 components would require running on a webserver in the first place. AFAIK Cognos7 is fully client based..

Ties Blom

AFAIK Cognos7 is fully client based..
I'm running PowerPlay Enterprise Server 7.4 on a Win2003 server through IIS for client access - does that count?

soi là, soi carré

Sure, it also shows my rather limited knowledge regarding Cognos 7
:)

Ties Blom

That matches mine on S8 [wink]

soi là, soi carré

Officially Series 7 (most recent version 7.4MR4) is supported on Win2003 with IIS6

Win2008 with IIS87 might work somehow but is not supported.
(source: So what's the problem, or what's not working?

You (or the company you are working for) should consider to upgrade to Cognos 8. With those "new" products, Win2008 and IIS 7 are supported and you would get help from IBM support if required ;)

Thanks for all your replies.

I have spoken to the sever team, they are down grading the windows 2003, so I'll be configuring IIS6.

We will be upgrading to Cognos 8, but not until next year.

What other cognos components do require installing on a webserver as I have only configured a webserver on a single pc for a demo before?

thx

Sid

Does anyone guide me on the relative components for setting up a cognos 7 web server? I have only setup a local webserver for a series 8 demo.

If you have installed Series 7, you ought to have a documentation folder (default installation: C:\Program Files\Cognos\cer5\documentation) with a number of pdfs - look for ebi_inst.pdf ("Solution Installation Guide") and read through it. Non-English versions may be available from the IBM Cognos website/your reseller.

soi là, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back