Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing Aloha in demo mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0b1a5

Programmer
Dec 23, 2019
US
I'm trying to install Aloha 6.7.66 in demo mode (no HASP key) on an NCR P1230 terminal for several weeks now. I try to run FOH and BOH on the same machine. I tried several operating systems (POSReady 2009, POSReady 7, Windows Embedded Industrial), but the symptoms are always the same:
When opening the Aloha Manager I get an error message saying "ctlsvr could not be started". I tried registering/deregistering the service several times. Same error. When trying to run iber.exe it quits immediately without any errors. Can anyone help me out here with a solution or an installer image/package that is known to work?

change the short cut to start aloha manager to end in /remote
For FOH to work, you will need to be in redundancy. You will also need to make sure you have installed all the correct VCredirects.
There are a few other settings, such as boh name must end in a number. Same number you have defined in your ibercfg.

reach out to me from website below if you need more help

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Thanks for the quick response! I actually found out about the /remote options in this forum last night. I am now able to use the manager and start a database from scratch. I stepped from error to error to get the most basic configuration running (added a printer, added a day part) but are now stuck with iber complaining not being an order entry terminal. When trying to check the order entry terminal box for that terminal in the manager I get the error "Only authorized for 0 order entry terminals". Any idea how to get that working for a demo? BTW, when installing Aloha I unchecked the "install for demo purposes only", since the iber version that gets installed with that option enabled, does not work at all.

You need to have SEC codes that give you the portions of Aloha you would want to test. The Aloha key is not required only the codes

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

Excuse the stupid question (I have 0 pre-existing Aloha knowledge) but how does one obtain such SEC codes, if not owning a HASP key? Disclaimer: I have 0 intention using that demo system in a restaurant environment. All I need the demo system for is to test several receipt printers with Aloha.

Update: I was able to edit trm.dbf and set the order flag manually, bypassing the managers verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back