Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing AIX 5.3 TL 12 : bos.mp 5.3.12.0 missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephnane0

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2011
FR
Hi.

I need to install AIX 5.3 TL 12, but when I download it, there is no bos.mp 5.3.12.0, which is a prerequisite for a lot of filesets ...
What did I miss ?

Tks.

Steph

Hi Steph,
Where have you downloaded the binaries? on the NIM server or the client where you are doing the Install (if client, I assume you are doing an upgrade).
The file set can be downloaded from IBM Fix Central or CD/DVD.
Once you download and push the file to its appropriate location, run 'inutoc .' to update the table of contents.

SARFARAZ AHMED SYED,
Sr. Systems Engineer

I downloaded it from IBM portal, but even in the package Details (of 5.3 TL 12), the bos.mp version is 5.3.12.1
I tried to install the TL from a NIM server

Steph,
As far what I see is, 5.3.12.0 is part of your 5.3.12.1. meaning if you install 12.1 it will 1st install 12.0 and update it to 12.1.

Now do this, on the NIM server run
# nim -o showres <resource_name> | grep bos.mp.5.3.12.1
where resource_name=your lpp_source

If the file set exist you will see it, now do this
# installp -qld bos.mp.5.3.12.1 (the output will be similar to below example, see it has 'I' {under 'I/U Q Content'} which is installable and not upgrade file set. If it has 'I', and I am sure it will then you should be good).

I took the example of lsof file set.

Fileset Name Level I/U Q Content
====================================================================
lsof.base 6.1.0.4820 I N usr,root
# List Of Open Files

Also try to run in the directory of your binaries
# inutoc .

SARFARAZ AHMED SYED,
Sr. Systems Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search