Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing a test server v3.11 -

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyiguana

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2001
US
I am trying to install Netware v3.11 to familiarize myself with this version of Novell which I will have to support in a few weeks. I am at the Load LAN Driver, I have a 3C509 NIC and found the file 3c5x9.lan. However, when I load this driver it is asking to load the ethertsm module first but I don't know where this file is located at. one, How do I get past this?? Two, at the : prompt how do I check the contents of my drives? Any commands that will help me accomplish this and quickly will be GREATLY appreciated.

I read the thread pertaining to the network card installation failure but my next question is I can't get any files to copy over to system:sys. help??

Put them on your C: partition, in a directory called "drivers", and then reference that in the load statements.

load c:\drivers\ethertsm
load c:\drivers\3c905

Etc, etc.

Once the server is up, you can log on and move them the Sys:System if you want. Or just leave them on the C: partition...

Hope this helps... :cool: - Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

What is the copy command?? I am not familiar with Novell at all?? thanks.

When you DOWN the server and EXIT you will be at a DOS prompt. This is not Novell, this is DOS. Copy the drivers from a floppy diskette using the COPY command from DOS. Nothing fancy.... - Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

I EXITed and DOWNed the server to copy the files to the c: partition which went fine but now I can't get the server back up. I typed Login supervisor to no avail. Did it not fully install when I exited Novell??

Type in "server" (no quotes) and press enter. - Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back