Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing a CP MG with 7.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElderUsr

Technical User
Feb 14, 2011
CA
Hey all,

Quick Question. I have a MG 1000 Chassis and currently trying to get a CP MG installed; Here's the issue i'm facing. Its a brand new CP MG Card, so I connected to the back using the R232 adapter to install the MGC portion, which I created the ELAN IP addresses and pointing it to the Call Server. Here is my question, This card is supposed to be a CS/SS/MGC all-in-one correct? I tried installing via the front TTY port (Port 1) using the Ethernet-DB9 adapter that they provided, along with the installation media, and it is requesting that I either install it from a Local CD/DVD, Hard Drive (??), NFS Share, FTP or HTTP... If I pick any of the networking options, it fails and unmounts the installation media.

Anyone ever successfully install one, and have a good document on how to? As the Avaya NTPs doesn't seem to properly cover it.

Thanks,
ElderUsr

What are you trying to install, the Linux base should be installed from a bootable USB which you plug in the front of ther CP-MG. ALL other software must be installed via the UCM deployment manager!

Hey Chrisay,

Thats exactly what im trying to do via the Linux Base via the Front of the USB.

Thanks,
Josh Lapointe

The USB is plugged in, and its noticed but it doesn't want to properly install the media..

Thanks,

Hey all,

Managed to get a bit farther; please see the output in the attached file from me trying to get it installed. Now its giving an error:

Unsupported hard drive configuration has been detected on this server.
Please follow the NTP documentation for the correct configuration.

Installation on broken RAID detected. Aborting install.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vyrkjmuja8qjs73/putty%20of%20CPMG.txt
Well, got past this part, now having issues with asking for where I would like to install the 7.5 Applications from.

Keeping you posted....
...Wouldn't mind if someone would be able to also assist.

Thanks,

try a sandisk USB drive... some usb drives don't work.... hit F right away (after you see the BIOS spash screen), should boot off the USB drive and make sure you make the usb BOOTABLE.

Yeah, Just to advise you guys if you happen to run into this.

I used a Lexar 4 GB Thumb Drive, formatted into a 2GB partition with the Linux Install Files. I then had to play with the BIOS for the Hard Drive to change it from AHCI, to IDE LEGACY, then back to AHCI and the installs worked fine.

Thanks for assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back