Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing a 2nd monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark76

Programmer
Sep 3, 2002
AU
I have 2 graphics cards (one onboard) the other is a MSI MS-StarForce GEForce MX 440 with AGP8X (NVIDA GeForce MX 440 with AGP8X). This is the one I use. The onboard one is disabled and I can not find anywhere to enable the card. I have looked in the device manager, control panel and the cmos or bios (where you normally press del on boot up) and cannot find it anywhere. I am running Windows XP Pro.

I have even looked on the installation Cd's and the only thing I can find about it is a bit of software that tells me what is installed or not installed.. It tells me it is disabled but gives no option to enable the device. The device is an Intel GMCH AGP Graphics Controller.

Can someone please help me enable this so I can have two monitors running or atleast point me in the right direction to correcting the problem.. Any help will be appreciated. Thanx

On-board graphics are often switched off when you install a card. There may be no way to enable both. What motherboard model do you have?

Andy.

I have an Intel® Desktop Board D865GLC

Sorry, Shark76,

***The Intel 865G chipset contains two separate, mutually exclusive graphics options. Either the
Intel Extreme Graphics 2 controller (contained within the 82865G GMCH) is used, or an AGP
add-in card can be used. When an AGP add-in card is installed, the Intel Extreme Graphics 2
controller is disabled.***

You will need a dual-head AGP card!

Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back