Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing 2nd NW6 server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikendo

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
Hi guys,

Right now I have NW6 tree running. I wanted to add another server into the same tree. How I would go about it? Im not too good when come Netware. Any help will greatly appreciated.

Another dumb question. Isnt Tree is same like Domain in the Windows world? What is Context mean when comparing with Windows world?

Just install the new server from the CD and insert into the existing tree when you get to that part of the install.

:) Tree same as Domain? No, not even close. Windows has no idea what a context is or how to use it. It's not really fair to compare the two, but if you insist... Say you have several windows 'domains' and hook them together with bubble gum, ducktape, and some old fishline.. that is Windows attempt at making a tree or forest of their own with Active Disastory.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Marvin said:
"Say you have several windows 'domains' and hook them together with bubble gum, ducktape, and some old fishline.. that is Windows attempt at making a tree or forest of their own with Active Disastory."

That's an excellent description of AD, but you forgot to add "and try to make it look like Netware."

LMAO,so sorry for M$. I gotcha what you saying.
I believe M$ stole the DS from Netware. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back