Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installing 2010 next to 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunatiic

IS-IT--Management
Sep 4, 2002
SE
Hi!

We are running Exchange 5.5 globally (having one msx 5.5 in every major country) and we have been told that we can not upgrade to 2010 until all countries are ready for it. (This might take a while :) )

Question: Would it be possible for me to create a new domain, new users / install a new Exchange 2010, move / create new mailboxes and just keep the 5.5 in order o route messages inside the corporation?

Is there anybody out there with an idea what to do?

Thanks a lot in advance!

You can't go directly from 5.5 to 2010 anyways. You need to make a stop at 2003, remove all traces of the legacy 5.5 stuff, then migrate to 2010.

I wouldn't be recreating the environment. Quest has some tools that might help. But I'd be prepping for the migration to 2003 now so that you're ready.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back