Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installer will not run

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark94411

Technical User
Jun 27, 2001
US
I am trying to install Oracle's 9i enterprise editon on a machine running win2kserver. this machine is a pentium3 256ram
I receive a baffling message:

The Java RunTime Environment was not found
at c:\docume~1\Admini~1\locals~1\temp\orainstall\jre\bin\jrew.exe
Hence, the Oracle Universal Installer cannot be run.
please visit and install jre 1.17 or higher.

I went to java web and install this jre but im still have the sama problem

Check the space left on the disk.
The installer attempts to store .jar files in the temp directory and then uncompress them.
Just a thought!

Metalink document 238393.999 might be of help. It says to try installing Oracle 8i first and then use the 8i installer to install 9i. Apparently the 9i release has some bugs that can lead to this sort of error. The idea of the 8i workaround is to get JRE installed from a product that's known to be reliable.

Karluk - are you sure about the doc number? I received a no hit message when I searched that number into Metalink. I am very interested in any install problems - as I have to bring 9i into my shop soon.

Ray

if you don't install oracle from a CD-ROM, you 'll need to connect a network share on the directory containing the installation files and then run the installation.
Hope this can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back