Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installer recommendations? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelviticus

Programmer
Sep 9, 2003
GB
Having spent a day and a half trying to create an installer project for my C# windows app I have decided that it's time to convince the boss to buy a decent installater builder. Either the one that comes with Visual Studio 2005 is rubbish or I am - I suspect it's a bit of both.

Can anyone recommend something that's easy to use and integrates well with VS 2005?

Thanks

Nelviticus

Hello!
I use InstallShield 10.5 to make the installer projects. You have embedded in it different objects, like .NET Framework, MSDE and other things. And you can also customize the procedure of installation very easy.
However, me, personally didn't like it very much, because, at least me, I didn't find a very detailed help or any books about it. But it is more powerful than the other installer builders that I have tried. It can be also incorporated with Visual Studio .NET.
You can find information about it at And for questions about different problems, you can ask them in a forum: community.installshield.com
Cheers!

Country of eagles

Thank you mondi, that does seem to be the most popular choice. I will try to convince my boss that we need it. Unfortunately most of our work either doesn't need installation or is for people within our firm, so I don't think he'll approve the cost.

Regards

Nelviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back