Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installer password on MICS 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mburdan1182002

Technical User
Aug 2, 2005
CN
Does anybody know what the installer password is on the Norstar?

I tried 266344 and i go "Lines" select "Show" and it takes me to the line001, i press "next" and it goes to Line002 and so on.

I need to program 2 E&M trunks. I do not get the "trunk/data" option under "Lines"

am i missing something?

sounds like you are using ** Admin, try **Config

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

that is it. If that PW does not give you full access it means a previous vendor has changed the top level PW. You can get it with a RAD and NRU.

I was afraid of that. we thought it was **266344.

what is a NRU?

what is the difference between the RAD and NRU?

The RAD is the modem, NRU is the software. you have to purchase one. You can check and see if you already have one by pressing Feature 9** and reading the display. Inactive feature means no RAD. anything let us know.

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

NRU= Nortel remote utilities (the software that allows for remote access)

RAD- Remote access device (the hardware that allows for remote access)

NRU Browser allows you to see the top level PW even when you cannot access it via phone programming.

Sounds like old software that's how they came up.

I agreee with Hawks you have a old software release. What type system do u have, and what software?

I thought it was a MICS 4.0 but it is a 6.1. finally got the installer password...but we are having problems with the E&M card...see the post with the title E&M install.

thanks guys.

it getting frustrating, it seems that i am fighting the programming or the equipment at every turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back