Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installer Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCKeeze

Programmer
Jul 11, 2002
US
I was recently forced to "upgrade" from Office 97, where everything worked pretty well, to Office 2000, because I had to run an Access system that understands only Office 2K.

I now get occasional error messages about the "installer" not having access to sufficient software to complete the installation, and therefore, I can't get into Word or Outlook. To me, that says I need to insert the Office 2000 CD into my CDROM drive, so I do, and then when I get into Word or Outlook, everything gets fixed until the next time this happens, and then its back to the ol' fixit loop once again.

For 2 cents, I'd go back to MultiMate - it could do everything I need in a WP.

Lucky for me, I have the Office 2000 CD that I used to install the software on my PC. Unfortunately, since we have numerous site licenses but only a few CD's, 30 of my coworkers in a building a mile away are not so lucky, since I have their CD, plus I know their administrator password (and they don't).

Is my only solution to this mess to reinstall Office 2K on each of my coworkers' systems, installing the whole dang package even if they don't need it, just to get around Microsoft's sloppiness? What a waste of time!

Thanks for letting me vent, >:-<

\/\/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back