Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installer calls another installer or installs two things

Status
Not open for further replies.

meenakshikalera

Programmer
Jun 23, 2004
US
hi!

i have created a setup for my .net application....now this setup can be installed on any computer only if the computer has the .net framework installed on it...else i first need to install .net framework...i think i can create an installshield which automatically checks if the pre-requisites are there, else it installs them first and then my application. i infact came across one such application at devage.com....but its not working properly....i am getting some kind of error with the config file...

pls lemme know if u have a clue abt such a tool or the procedure to do this.

thanks,
regards,
meenakshi

Hi

This might be a solution:

In VB.net2003 you can install the Bootstrapper-PlugIn and then include the framework in the setup. It checks, if the FW is installed and if not it is beeing installed. You can also include the MDAC component.
I have recently bought 2003 and I am actually updating my VB.net application. It seems to work fine, but I haven't really tested it yet.

What I'm trying now is to include other components, like i.e. the FlashPlayer ActiceX. Maybe someone out there could give me a hint.

Fritz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back