Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installed PEPs now can't browse internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronei

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
I installed the win2003 SP2 and SEC011 peps and now I can't browse the internet at all using the CallPilot server.

Any idea what might have happened? The readmes for those peps didn't state anything about you wouldn't be able to browse internet after you install.

Makes it more difficult to support if you can't hit Nortel's ESPL.

The CP is 703t on 4.04.04 SU4.

I get cannot find selected site, etc etc check your DNS and try again. I know its not DNS, I've been able to nslookup, tracert and ping -a any website I can think of.

there's a whole raft of secutity in this..... you'll need to read up and check what's changed

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

I know, what I was hoping for is that someone has run across this already and has fixed.

Browsing on CP isn't that important, but at Nortel should have at least left acccess to ESPL active :/

I am happy with the level of these updates provide though.

The proper procedure is to download the patches and then transfer them to the CallPilot server. The server should never be used to access the internet.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

True, just much easier when you could download directly :)

True, but remember that security and ease of access are at opposite ends of the same spectrum. You can't have one without compromising the other in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back