Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installed Exchg, now I have an AD schema mismatch, HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdcore

MIS
Jan 23, 2003
I am getting Active Directory schema mismatch errors after installing Exchange 2003 on a 2003 member server, on a network with 2 existing 2000 server domain controllers. Here is all the relevant information I can think of. Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks!!!

- Installed exchange using the step by step setup, i.e. run ForestPrep, DomainPrep, etc. There was 1 error "Kerberos does not have a ticket for <hostname>" but this was reported to be a prob with the netdiag.exe tool per MS article so I ignored it.

- Exchange installed successfully

- The two existing Windows 2000 domain controllers now have different Active Directory contents. The new exchange groups (i.e. Exchange Domain Servers) were created on one of the AD Domain controllers (SERVER1) but not the other (SERVER2). This change did not replicate to the second server.

- When I try and go into AD Sites & Services and force the replication from the updated server (SERVER1) to the non-updated server (SERVER2) I get an "Access Denied" error. When I try to replicate the other direction I get an error: "The following error occurred during the attempt to synchronize domain controllers: The replication operation failed because of a schema mismatch between the servers involved".

I am nervous to do anything until I get some advice from an expert, so I await your response. I have searched the net and find similar problems but nothing that seems to match my specific scenario so would like some advice before I proceed. The servers have sat for 3 days now as I read something about it taking a significant amount of time to rebuild indexes, and during this time the schema replication is halted. I don't think this is the case however.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back