Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installed a new mouse and windows 98 drivers (oops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj662003

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
US
I have recently installed a new mouse on my computer, I used the default drivers (windows 98 2nd edition disc ver.) after that my computer has been freezing as soon as I boot rior problemand get to my desktop. I have had no pWhat is rior problems with my version of 98, or the mose drivers previously installed.. Any thoughts of waht could be goin on here?

Is the mouse compatible with Win 98?
Did it come with its own drivers?
Did you try it on another Win 98SE system?

I've seen Logitech drivers do this. Take out the "added" drivers, and let Windows handle it.

After trying everything Including, adding new ram, reformatting the drive, and installing xp. The darn thing still freezes dead on me every time. I am ,.lost tired and frusterated w/ this.... I am running a pentium 4 w/256 megs of ram. why do i still keep freezing up????

Does your system freeze with the old mouse installed, or does freezing happen on another system with the new mouse installed?
If no for the 1st and yes for the 2nd, then the new mouse may be defective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back