Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installed 2nd EX2k server and cannot replicate pub folders off old Svr

Status
Not open for further replies.

bironhead

MIS
Apr 27, 2001
US
Scenario: We upgraded an ENTERPIRSE 5.5 server to Exchange 2000. Now we bought better hardware and wnat it to be the new exhange server to home all the public folders. This SERVER IS EXCHANGE 2000 STANDARD.

Problem: I go into Exchange admin and go into the admin group and choose the public folders. In the replication properties I went to each one and said to replicate to the new server and removed the old one from the list. I can and have waited for up to 24 hours and it never goes to the other server. I look at the details button and notice that the replication says that it is insyc on the currently homed server and local modified on the server I want it to go to.

Questions: 1)ANY HELP TO MAKE THE REPLICATION?

2)IS IT AN ISSUE TO REHOME PUBLIC FOLDERS FROM ENTERPRISE TO EXCHANGE STANDARD EDITION.

NOTE: I HAVE MADE SYSTEM POLICES TO REPLICATE ALWAYS AND SET EACH REPLICATION TO ALWAYS AND URGENT AND THERE ARE NO EVERNT LOG ERRORS.

THANKS, BEN

If you open the Exchange System Manager on the new server do you see all the folders? You will need to go to Folders -> All Public Folders.

If not your new Public Store isn't being stamped by the Enterprise Recipient Update Service.

Verify that it points to a valid DC and Exchange Server.

You have mailflow between the servers I hope! That is how we replicate. Dan
Microsoft Exchange Support @ Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back