Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhiebert

MIS
Feb 28, 2003
CA
I'm looking for some help with setting up a well-oiled report delivery machine.

My tools are CR 9 Advanced, CE RAS 9 and CE Standard 9 (which all come in the CR 9 Advanced bundle). I have a separate W2K server (A) that I want to use to run and schedule the reports on. Then I want to transfer those files over to our intranet server (B) where they'll be archived, and made available on our intranet site using some existing ASP logic we have, etc. My question is where do I install what in order to make this all work?

From my understanding, I need to install CE Standard 9 and CR 9 on my (A) server. I'll schedule the reports and distribute them to an "unmanaged disk/folder" from where I'll copy them to the intranet (B) server. From what I've learnt from this forum, I'll need to install a web server on the (A) server in order to even be able to schedule the reports. Right?

Then, since I want users to be able to view the reports on the intranet site in .rpt form (so using the Crystal viewers), do I install CE RAS 9 on (B) server?

Also, if anybody has any documentation they can point to on any of this it'd be much appreciated.
hh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back