Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh3572

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
US
Can anyone tell me if the wizard application is still available for programming on the IP Office? I've been out of the business for almost 2yrs. now so I'm a little behind.

PhoneLady

Its dead dead dead, the wicked wizard is dead.

No Wizard anymore and i am happy that it is gone.
The Wizard was only usefull for new installations but not for the "move and changes" as it was presented by Avaya.
Every change made by the wizard would need a reset of IP Office, go tell the customer that he/she only can make changes after working hours, you'll be the laugh of the day.

NIHIL NOVI SUB SOLE

... and IP Office Manager has been buffed up, but not so much that you'll be lost if you've used Manager before.

... but passwords and security to change the config have been taking steroid, everyting you knew is not the same.

Get to the Avaya website and read the IP Office manual on Using Manager.

Thanks for the quick response.....he has an IP Office 3.2 and for some reason when line one is called it doesn't ring, just goes to dead air. They are having to reboot the system to get the line back.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PhoneLady

The good old monitor still looks the same :)
Can you log it ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

you can use manager as wizard, just go to file offline create new config

I'm not on-site.....I've got a tech scheduled to go out. My thought on using the wizard was for error checking only....when you pulled the config it would display any errors on the switch.

I had used it for that reason only in the past and it really well.

PhoneLady

The wizard measured things like No Answer Time in the number of rings. A nice attempt to be user friendly. Except it showed that programmers rarely venture into the real world - the number of second per ring varies depending on which country the IP Office is configured for. And the wizard supported Czechslovakia as a country, years after that country had ceased to exist. And... I can't recall it all but the wizard was such a pain.

The new manager (from 3.2) do have an error field
Try it and love it :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you very much!!!!!

PhoneLady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back