Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation Training on IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rage2003

Vendor
May 19, 2003
US
Hello Friends...here's my question. I own a small interconnect
business in dallas area selling Norstar telephone systems.
We want to learn how to install and support Avaya IP Office, as we currently only offer TDM products. Our techs are very
voice-centric in background, and I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction to obtain training for the Avaya Ip Office line. I evaluated the Norstar BCM, and in my view, its
still not prime time yet. can anybody point me in the right direction?

I really appreicate it.

I attended the Avaya Class, I was not very impressed. They give you a lab book and they teach to it, NOT to the actual documentation. However I am impressed with the system.

Haveing no data background I would highly reccomend takeing the ACS test, you can get the study material from west net. there are 5 books, reading these I was able to nail the test, but i learned a lot from them aswell

I will happily come over & give you a workshop style course if required but I would need flights & accomodation for me & my partner (1 week would do but would prefer 2)

?Are you sure you don't need me to carry your bags and mix the margeritas.

Only trying to help, Guess this means I will have to pay for my own holiday again this year :-(

I have attended both the Avaya course, and the Catalyst course. I also came from a voice centric background, but have become somewhat proficient with the product. Go to Avaya.com and click on the learning link for some more info. Beware both Avaya, and Catalyst will charge a good sized fee. If you go to one of the courses ask all the questions you can think of, and make sure you think of problems you have had in the field with keysystems. Make a list and ask the instructor point blank. Do not settle for an I don't know.

Hi Rage2003,
If you take the course, do everything you can to make sure your class gets through the entire course. Ours didn't finish the voicemail and skipped most of the networking. You will need a laptop in good running condition (XP is helpful here). Lots of spare disk space on this.
At this time, I am taking the course at home with an IP403 and some phones. I can't network it with another system (don't have). I hope to take the exam in the next couple weeks.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back