Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MI2000

MIS
Dec 5, 2002
US
hello,

I am installing w2k on my computer. it keeps freezing up at the section where it is registering components. i have removed just about every piece of hardware that i can think of(nic, extra usb ports ect...). i have also cahnged video cards to one that i am certain that works.

i've got a shuttle socket 478 MB modle AV45GT/AV45GTR running a 2.0 p4 with 2 256 ddr.

the computer has previouslly been loaded with w2k but was giving me the blue screen of death on a regular basis. so i reformated and removed some hardware and started over. does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

try reseating or replacing the ram and check ide connections - check to see that all devices are on the HCL

I agree Ger211...bunk RAM or the IDE chipset drivers aren't on the HCL. pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

The suggestions above are good. Also check your BIOS settings and...this sounds strange, but I've had the same problem with 2K(Server)on a machine which has installed it before. I just kept restarting the install until it took, but after 3-5 attempts it finally took. I knew it could take it, as it had been installed before. Just stubborn. Weird but true. Good luck. whythisagainwhythisagainwhythisagain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back