Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation of W2K server

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2003
US
Hey guys,

I have a problem. I've installed 2K server on a PC and got it configured as a domain controller. I want to do a re-install so i can partition off the system files. I know i don't need to re-install to do this but i wan to anyway.

So, when i boot from my server disc everything runs fine till i get to the part where i choose my partition options. I can't remember offhand exactly what one of the options are but it's something like " To Create a new partition on this disk press - Y " but when i press Y, nothing happens. It will not let me create a new partition. Is this because i upgraded the disk to dynamic?

cheers guys

Steve

"To err is human, to F**k it up totally, is me! "

You should be able to remove the partition and recreate it, is there any reason you need to keep the existing partitions.

Choose the delete option and then create new partitions as required

That's what i mean, I wasn't sure exactly of the options available because i'm not sitting at the PC, but when i click to delete the existing partition, nothing happens..

strange

Normally you select your disk and then choose the delete partition option (D) and then have to enter (L) to delete.

Dont know why it wont do it, sorry

Why not use a 98 boot disk and drop the partition with fdisk, then install the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back