Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installation of Solaris 8 with Jumpstart hangs after configuring hme0

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuenlok

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
CA
I'm using jumpstart to install Solaris 8 to a E450, after "boot net - install", the last output to the console was "Configured interface hme0", then it just appeared to hang there.

At first I thought it had problem of configuring hme0, but when I add "set -v" to /jumpstart/OS/Solaris_8_2001-04/Solaris_8/Tools/Boot/sbin/rcS to set it to verbal mode and try again, I found actually the whole rcS script executed successfully, and exit normally ( the last command executed was exit 0). So it's not the problem of
configuring hme0.

I don't know how the installation proceeds after executing rcS. And how to further debug what's wrong.

Any idea will be appreciated.

well, when use add_install_client, the client's IP was mistakenly input, so in /etc/bootparams, the sysid_config and install_config was point to the client's IP not the server's. That's why it couldn't find the installation directory and hung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back