Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation of iss on xp works untill I restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knexo10

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2002
AU
I have installed iis on xp 4 times now and I keep running into the same problem. (Probably should have stopped and asked for help after 2 times)I install IIS from the xp Professional CD and it seems to add the service and everything fine. I can set it up with a Default webpage and access it over the network. That is all good. But then I restart my computer and it stops working. When I start up I can't access the default webpage from the computer with IIS installed or from any others on the network. If I try and run the "Internet Information Services" icon from administrative tools it does nothing. If I then log off I get an error saying that mmc.exe is not responding. It asks if I want to save a file *.msc (Which is a Microsoft Management Console file) in the Administrative tools folder

Help Please if anyone has encountered this or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back