Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation Key Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

biaya

Technical User
Nov 14, 2002
GB
We're about to install a new server and wanted to use our Exchange Server 5.5 software, but the CD is missing. I've been told that we might be able to find the installation key by going into the registry, does anyone know if this is true and if so where in the registry we'd find it?

Thanks
Caroline

I have heard the same thing. If the old exchange server is running, you can get it from that install. If not. If you registered the software you can call Microsoft and they will give you the key. If both fail try using 4307-11111. or all ones.
NOTE: this should only be used if you actually own a license. Using it out of the license agreement could get you in serious trouble. I do not condone misuse of license keys, this is only for testing purposes. I had a similar issue and my Key was valid, but it would not take in installation. Microsoft had me use this key to trouble-shoot the problem. This only works on older 5.5 installs.

Thanks for that. Could you talk me through where in the registry I'd find it?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back