Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

installation issue with Outlook 2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolking

MIS
Oct 13, 2003
US
Originally the computer had WIN 98 SE and Office 97. To use the capabilities of Exchange 5.5 we had to upgrade MS Outlook (only) to Outlook 2000.

Early this year we upgraded the computer to WIN 2000 and Office 2000. I thought I had "de-installed" Outlook 2000 prior to the upgrade to WIN 2000 and upgrade of Office to 2000. The user messed up the computer with a virus so we had to "ghost" another hard drive. In the process of reassigning the email account to the new user the computer keeps asking for the original Windows Outlook 2000 disk, when I put it in is states it cannot find the correct "data1.msi" .

Any ideas how I fix this problem, I assume there is a registry problem but do not know how to get past this point....Got any ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back