Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation freeze up on SUWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

revbill

Technical User
Mar 30, 2006
US
When reinstalling Windows ME, the system is freezing with the file SUWIN.exe. It happens at various times or places in the setup. I can get back to Windows 98 okay.
Any ideas on what to do?

Revbill

last time I had an SuWin error with my K6-2, was because my CPU fried a circuit, same deal with some other folks, also from my own personal experience(and many others) I would just stick to Win98SE, most of us hate WinME anyways, if you want a list of Pros and Cons of why I dont like it, search this forum for winME, you'll see plenty of problems. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

You can check to see if it's your processor or RAM by removing ALL devices from the computer except the video card.
Install windows, then add your other stuff back one piece at a time.
If you get the same error with no hardware except video, then it's either CPU, RAM, or video card (possibly mobo).
Reset the BIOS to defaults, then change them later. [sig]<p>Jim<br><a href=mailto:reboot@pcmech.com>reboot@pcmech.com</a><br><a href= & Sue's Free Files</a><br>Current moderator at Staff contributor/moderator at Windows 9x/ME instructor.<br>
Jim's Modems: [/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back