Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Installation / Configuration PHP & Tomcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

woz9999

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2009
GB
Hi,

I have read all the different posts on this subject and followed all suggestions but still cannot quite get PHP to work with Tomcat. Here are my versions :

1. PHP 5.2.6
3. PECL 5.2.5
2. Apache Tomcat 5.5.28 Server
3. JAVA EE 5 SDK Update 7

The PHP file is very simple :-

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

I call the file like this :-

I get the following errors :-

###########################################################

08-Oct-2009 18:21:51 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet php threw exception
java.io.IOException:
at net.php.servlet.send(Native Method)
at net.php.servlet.service(servlet.java:190)
at net.php.servlet.service(servlet.java:214)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:873)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

###########################################################

I have now tried many different combinations of PHP (upto 5.2.11) & PECL with no luck.

I would appreciate any help on this - I have spent the lasty 2 days trying to get this to work.

a quick search turned up this
PHP version 5 is not currently supported as it does not include the necessary servlet code.
I think that might explain it.

-----------------------------------------
I cannot be bought. Find leasing information at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back