Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install Windows 2003 on HP DL180

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunei

MIS
Oct 10, 2000
US
Here's what I currently have:

HP DL180 with P400 Raid card and 12 450GB hard drives. Currently set with a Raid-5.

My problem is that if I create a 100GB C: drive, I end up with 1950GB unallocated space I can partition, but also 2562GB's I can't do anything with.

Ideally I'd like to have a 100GB C drive and then a 4TB space I can use for storage.

Any ideas on how I can get the rest of the space to be usable?

Are you running the latest firmware and drivers?

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"
--------------------------------------

I've seen that Microsoft link, but it doesn't apply. I can't upgrade my disk to GPT or even dynamic for that matter. Once I install Windows on it there is no touching the disk, my guess is because it contains the boot partition.

I just installed Win2K3 64bit on a DL185 with 2x72GB SAS drives for my OS and 10x1TB SATA drives for my file storage and had no issue except of course had to convert that second partition to GPT.

I ended up having to split it the way cajuntank did. Not exactly what I was looking to do, but I'll have to live with it. Thanks for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back