Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install window xp or 7 on 20 workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

scristaldi

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2011
US
How do I install xp or 7 on 20 workstations besides going to each workstation and doing individual installs?

you could make an image with an answer file, and use pxe boot to pull the image from a server and do an unattended install. Or make a ghost image from one machine, that has everything setup on it, and has your enterprise license key already on it. Then boot a ghost boot disk, and connect to a server ip, and image the drives.

How To SysPrep Windows 7

Sysprep Windows 7 Machine Start to Finish

Building a Standard Image of Windows 7: Step-by-Step Guide

How to create Network Bootable Images under Windows

should get you started...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Ben

How did my post not quality as good post as per your url "How to ask a question....."?

I think you will find thats his profile signature, not an statement pointed to you.

mind you, did your google search come up empty? :)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

scristaldi,

as Hairlesssupportmonkey mentioned, that is my signature, and is in no way pointed to your question at all... it is a general statement to ALL posters, on how to get the most and best answer to any question asked...

;)

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back