Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Install updates from WSUS for domain users without admin login

Status
Not open for further replies.

komando

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2006
US
Hi There,

I have a very basic question. I have a WSUS deployed in our AD enviroment. I want to know that how can I automatically install updates via WSUS on domain users computers without logging in as domain admin? My users lock their computers at the end of the day and the auto updates kick in at 1 A.M. in the night.

Thanks in advance

Yes the updates will install even if the user has power user rights to the computer. If they have admin rights they will have the option to cancel the updates or select which ones that want installed.

Oh and if you are pushing out the reg keys via group policy they should restart or log off at least once so that the policy gets pushed.

Thanks for the reply supportahm1980. Does this means that I will have to change all the domain users to power users on their machines? Also, most of the updates are installing but lets say when something like IE7 comes, do I have to go on all the 200 machines in my domain and install it for them or is their a way to push this installation from a central point?

Thanks a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back